We’ve seen it time and time again. As a plastic surgeon, the more Google reviews you have, the more patients will contact you for a consultation. When people are looking for a cosmetic doctor online, they are doing their research first. They want to know about your experience, the results that other people have had with you, and their customer service. No one wants to be on the receiving end of bad customer service or an inexperienced doctor! So having many positive reviews can be the deciding factor in whether they contact you or not.
What is considered an “average amount of reviews”?
- 2-5 star rating: Less than six reviews
- 4.1-4.9 star rating: 6-20 reviews
- 5-star rating: 20+ positive ratings
How to get more Google Reviews for your practice
- Don’t be shy; your patients want to help you and will happily leave a review if you ask them.
- Give them a specific link to the review page on your website – don’t make them search for it. Make it as easy as possible.
- Be patient, positive reviews take time, but they will come when you ask for them. You must build this kind of activity into your daily routine so that you don’t forget to ask those patients who are super happy with the results of their recent procedure.
- Use a review management service like BirdEye or Podium that makes it even easier for patients to leave a review by texting or emailing them directly from their platform.
- Be a good listener and actively follow up with every patient after their procedure – during follow-up appointments or phone calls, let them know how much their feedback means to you and then go ahead and simply ask for the 5-star Google Review.
Why More Google Reviews Matter
Why are Google reviews so critical? Here are the key reasons:
- Reviews build trust
When someone is searching for a plastic surgeon, they’re likely looking to be treated by someone with a good reputation and track results. When a potential patient sees that you have 50+ five-star reviews on your Google My Business page, they feel more confident about choosing you as their doctor.
- Reviews help build your reputation.
Reputation is everything in your industry, and people will only come to you if they trust you and know that they can get great results from you. Having lots of positive reviews on Google helps build up the impression that you’re trustworthy, experienced, and well-liked by your patients – all crucial things in helping grow your practice!
How More Google Reviews Help Increase Business For Plastic Surgeons
More Google reviews will help your practice in the following ways:
- Your practice will be seen as more relevant to Google. The number of Google reviews is one signal that lets Google know how appropriate your plastic surgery practice is for the terms people are searching for. The more reviews you have, the higher you’ll rank in search results and the more likely that potential patients will click through on your page.
- More patients are likely to call your office for a consultation. When someone searches for “plastic surgeon in [insert city/town name],” they probably want to see some of their options before deciding. By increasing the number of positive reviews on your page, you increase its likelihood of being clicked on by interested persons who haven’t yet made up their minds. Giving them that extra nudge with a look at some good ratings can help sway them toward choosing you over other doctors whose pages have no or few reviews.
- You’ll get social proof from other patients through these reviews. Potential clients like knowing that a business has been tried and tested by others before them—it assures them and tells them there’s less risk involved with doing business with this company instead of another one. Without any online ratings, you’re missing out on this benefit altogether!
Making it easy for patients to leave a review and then consistently asking them to do so will help you get those 5-star ratings.
- Hand out a small card at the end of the consultation or appointment. This should have a scannable QR (quick response) code that takes them directly to the page where they can leave a review. Make sure you have the link for this page saved on your phone so that when you’re asking patients to leave reviews, you can use your device to scan it and make sure what you’re handing out really will take them to the right place.
- Ask for them on their way out. As your patient is walking out, hand them one of those cards we just talked about and ask if they’d be willing to leave a review before they go. Don’t make it sound like an order; instead, put some enthusiasm into it. Try saying something like: “I know how busy everyone is these days, but if you have time, would you be able to leave us a quick review before heading home? It helps us better serve our patients!” Asking in person also increases the likelihood that they’ll do so because they won’t forget as easily as if you had just given them a piece of paper with instructions on how to do it later.
- Make it easy for your patients to leave Google reviews for plastic surgeons through email and text message templates. Here are some examples: “Hi there! I’m one of Dr. Doe’s staff members—just here today reminding everyone who comes in that we offer Google Reviews on our website! You can find the link by clicking here.