SMS marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your customers and prospects. SMS is eight times more effective than emails. Text messages are delivered instantly and can include rich media, such as images or videos. In addition, SMS messages don’t get lost in inboxes like other forms of marketing because they appear as an alert on people’s phones. However, it won’t be as effective if you’re not sending relevant and timely messages through SMS. Here are five tips to help you improve your SMS marketing:
- Send a Welcome Message
- Send a welcome message to your new customers.
When someone registers for your app or service, send them a welcome message. This will make them feel special and encourage them to continue using your product or service. This message can be scheduled to send automatically once the lead data is received by creating an automated process.
- Personalize the message with the customer’s name
To make it more personal, add their name to the SMS template and send it within 24 hours of registration. You can also use an autoresponder to remind them about their account status, upcoming payments, etc., every time there is an update on their subscription details or payment plan details (e.g., credit card expiry date).
2. Thank Your Customers with a Reminder Message
- Thank your customers for their business.
- Provide them with a special offer.
- Ask them to leave a review on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
- Ask them to share the business with their friends.
- Thank them for their loyalty
3. Nurture Your Customers with Useful Tips or Information
- Nurture Your Customers with Useful Tips or Information
- This is an effective way to show your customers that you care and are constantly improving. You can also use this strategy to help them get the most out of their products and services by showcasing how they can do so. For example, suppose you sell a fitness app for working out at home. In that case, you could message them tips about achieving better results through short workouts or specific exercises that might be more suitable for beginners like themselves.
- Use this tactic sparingly not to overwhelm your audience – just send them one tip per month at most!
4. Send Anniversary Wishes or Rewards
Using triggers, you can customize the message to send on your customer’s first anniversary. It doesn’t have to be anything too special, but it can help improve loyalty and retention by giving customers something extra.
This is a perfect strategy for businesses that regularly sell subscriptions or products. For example, if a customer buys pet food every month and their dog turns one year old, they will get a happy anniversary message from the company thanking them for their purchase!
5. Provide Cart Abandonment Reminder
- Provide Cart Abandonment Reminder
- Use a trigger to send a reminder message after the user abandons the checkout process. You can use this trigger to remind them about their abandoned cart and encourage them to complete the purchase. This type of SMS marketing is beneficial if you want your customers to meet their investment within a specific time frame or if limited quantities are available for an offer. In addition, using this kind of SMS marketing will help you increase sales, brand awareness, and customer loyalty.
So, there you have it: 5 tips to help you improve your SMS marketing. Remember that the primary goal of any SMS campaign should be to encourage engagement with your brand. By sending relevant content and nudging your customers back into their shopping carts, anyone with a small budget can increase sales by up to 400%. So what are you waiting for? Get started now with Growth99!