A call to action (CTA) is a phrase that urges the reader or viewer to take action. In marketing, many types of calls to action, like “Click here” or “Buy now.” These CTAs have become so popular because they’re easy for marketers to create and for consumers to understand. Here are a few reasons why dental practice owners should use them in their advertising:
What is a call to action?
We’ve all been there: you’re looking for a new dentist and see an ad in the newspaper or on Facebook. You click it, and then…nothing happens. Oh great! Now what? Likely, the advertiser isn’t using a call to action (CTA) in their copy. Call to action is crucial because they tell readers what to do next: sign up for a free consultation, buy something online, or subscribe to your newsletter.
If you’re wondering how exactly CTA works its magic for dental practices like yours, here are three reasons why this technique is so effective:
- They make your landing page more effective by guiding people toward the next step of their journey with you
- They can increase conversions by as much as 80%
- They encourage sales at high volumes
Why do you need to have a call to action in your marketing?
Considering the call-to-action (CTA) in your marketing is important because it helps with conversion rates. A CTA is an action that tells people what you want them to do after they see your ad or interact with your website. The best CTAs are clear, compelling, and consistent throughout the brand or campaign. This makes it easy for customers to understand what you want them to do next.
Here are some tips on how to create compelling calls to action:
- Make sure that whatever steps you want customers to take are as clear and prominent as possible in both word and visual presentation
- Ensure that any buttons used as a clickable CTA are large enough for ease of use by touchscreen devices such as mobile phones
There are many ways to include a call to action in your marketing materials. Here are a few examples:
- Create urgency. If you’re asking for a response, make sure that it’s something that needs an immediate answer. For example, if you’re offering a discount on treatment or services, your CTA should say something like, “Call today before the deal expires.” You can also use this tactic if there’s a limited supply of something that people want or need. By stating the exact time or date and limit on how many customers will benefit from what’s being offered, you ensure that they’ll take action immediately because they know someone else might swoop in and beat them to it.
- Ask for the sale outright. If one of your most significant selling points is the price—new equipment at reduced rates or teeth whitening kits at 50% off—then tell people how much money they’ll save by purchasing from you instead of some other dental practice! What better way than letting them know upfront so that their decision-making process is simple? Plus, if there is any hesitation about choosing which option seems best (because sometimes multiple options seem equally enticing), then putting both prices side-by-side makes comparison shopping easy as pie!
You can create a successful advertising campaign with the right call to action.
Calls to action are important because they tell the reader what to do next. Calls to action can be used in many different ways and can be used to get your customers to buy your products and services. Still, before you know how exactly you want your call-to-action buttons or links to look on your website, you must understand why calls-to-action work so well. For example: If a website visitor is reading an article about a new product that can help them with their dental health issues, but nothing is being said about how this product works or who should use it, then there won’t be any motivation for someone who suffers from these same dental issues to buy it because they don’t know if this product will help them solve their problem! However, instead of just writing about this new product without explaining anything further than its name, adding some bullet points under each point makes more sense.
Adding a distinct CTA encourages your visitors to take the next step and save their time. You are guiding them toward actually getting help. So, what exactly do you need to understand? A good design, fine-tuned copy, and some social media buttons are something, but more is needed to have a compelling CTA. It has to be highly clickable—a tagline that tells anyone who reads it why they should hit that button now. And fonts, or try incorporating images into your CTAs if they make sense for your industry or niche audience.